SWERMS / FARCKS GENEALOGY
I.1 Thomas Fercx, possibly originally from Kubaard; Taeckle Fercks from Kubaard, named
in the Quaclappen in 1580 aand 1581, may have been his grandfather; citizen of
Franeker in 1597 and of Sneek in 1599; likely marriage with Pietke Haies in about
From this marriage:
1. Ferck Thomas (?)
2. Haie Thomas; married with Aelcke Cosmi in Sneek on April 12, 1616; parents of
3. Taeckle Thomas Ferx, born about 1595; married in Sneek on February 6, 1619, with
Antie Wulbes Eelckama; miller, ‘schepen’ (councillor) and mayor of Sneek; died on
August 5 or 7, 1671; parents of Anneken, Gatske, Bauckien, Aeltje, Wulbe, Douwe,
4. Bouwe (Buwe) Thomas Farcks, born in Sneek in about 1602 (see II.2).
5. Bauckjen Thomas; first marriage with Jan Hendrycks Corien in Sneek on August 19,
1632; parents of Jan second marriage with Anne Jacobs in Sneek on October 20,
6. Gatz Thomas; baptized in Sneek on January 3, 1608.
II.1 Lammert Gijsberts Swerms; married on November 1, 1624, in Harlingen with Afke Seerps.
From this marriage:
1. Seerp Lammerts Swerms, baptized on September 11, 1625, in Harlingen (see III.1)
2. Gijsbert Lammerts, baptized on September 21, 1634, in Harlingen; married with Grietje Lieuwes.
3. Haenke Lammerts Swerms, baptized on April 28, 1638, in Harlingen.
4. Jacob Lammerts Swerms, baptized on April 28, 1638, in Harlingen.
5. Tietske Lammerts, (?) baptized on July 22, 1654, in Harlingen.
6. Karst Lammerts Swerms; married with Hijltje Jutes.
II.2 Bouwe (Buwe) Thomas Farcks, born in Sneek in about 1602; wood merchant,
municipal counsellor and mayor, from 1644-49 in Harlingen; "gezworen
gemeensman": sworn-in representative; died after 1666; first marriage, in
Harlingen with Fokell Pytters, from Harlingen, daughter of Pytter Sioertdts,
on March 3, 1626; possible parents of Fokell are Pieter Sieurtsz Ens and
Bauck Imesdr, married in Harlingen in 1604; second marriage in Leeuwarden
on August 20, 1631, with Foeckje Stevensdr, baptized on August 7, 1608, in
Harlingen; died in Harlingen by 1668.
From the first marriage:
1. Fokeltje Bouwes (Fookeltie Buwes) Farcks, likely baptized in Harlingen on
May 25, 1629; parents named at baptism are the father and maternal
grandfather (see III.1)
From the second marriage:
2. Steven Bouwes, baptized on May 4, 1634, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
3. Pyetke Bouwes, baptized on December 10, 1635, in Harlingen.
4. Siouckien Bouwes, baptized on October 8, 1637, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
5. Tomas Bouwes, baptized on September 22, 1639, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
6. Jacob Bouwes, baptized on June 5, 1642, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
7. Hotze Bouwes, baptized on September 8, 1644, in Harlingen; died by 1646.
8. Ferck Bouwes, baptized on September 7, 1645, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
9. Hotze Bouwes, baptized on October 25, 1646, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
10. Gertie Bouwes, baptized on March 24, 1648, in Harlingen; died by 1649.
11. Gertie Bouwes, baptized on September 16, 1649, in Harlingen; died by 1650.
12. Geertien Bouwes, baptized on December 26, 1650, in Harlingen; married with
Wilhelmus Hylbrands, mayor of Harlingen; parents of Foeckien and Aghien.
III.1 Seerp Lammerts Swerms, baptized on September 12, 1625, in Harlingen; ‘hopman’: military officer, merchant, wood purchaser and ‘vaandrig’: officer in training in Harlingen; first marriage on September 16, 1655 in Harlingen with Jetske Sioerdts; second marriage on June 1, 1659, in Harlingen with Fokeltje Bouwes Farcks, baptized in Harlingen on December 16, 1635; she had previously been married with Laes Laessen before 1653, with who she had two children: Laes (baptized in Harlingen on April 11, 1653) and Jacobus (baptized in Harlingen on July 20, 1655); she died in Harlingen on January 18, 1692, aged 56.
From this marriage:
1. Sjouckien Seerps Swerms, baptized on July 6, 1660, in Harlingen; died after 1666,
2. Lammert Seerps, baptized on April 4, 1662, in Harlingen; died before 1666.
3. Steven Seerps Swerms, baptized on July 10, 1664, in Harlingen; ‘makelder, hopman and vaandrig’ (officer, officer in training) in Harlingen; first marriage with Geertie Arriens Oosterbaan, daughter of Arjen Everts Oosterbaan and Taetske Hoijtes of Harlingen, Mennonites; second marriage on September 3, 1693, in Harlingen with Fungerke Sijbrens Feijtema; third marriage in late June, 1696, in Harlingen with Gepke (Geeske) Jacobs.
4. Hotse Sjerps Swerms, baptized on November 10, 1667, in Harlingen; gold and silver smith in Harlingen; sworn-in authority and on municipal council of Harlingen; married on December 18, 1701, in Harlingen with Trijntje Gerrits, daughter of Gerrit Hessels and Trijntje Tjeerds.
5. Fuikjen Seerps Swerms, baptized in Harlingen on November 21, 1669 (see IV.1).
6. Gijsbert Sjerps Swerms, baptized on November 18, 1671, in Harlingen
7. Aefke Sjerps Swerms, baptized on March 16, 1673, in Harlingen; married on December 24, 1693, in Idskenhuizen with Hylke Sytses Wierda, son of Sytse Jans Wierda and Tiepckien Tyses Pekema from Langwaar; he was a farmer and village assistant judge (“bijzitter”) to the grietman of Doniawerstal; he had previously been married in 1683 with Wypk Marcusdr from Terwisscha (Ooststellingwerf); died before 1729.
8. Thomas Seerps Swerms, sea captain.
IV.1 Fuikjen Seerps Swerms, baptized in Harlingen on November 21, 1669; married on
August 14, 1687, in Tjerkgaast with Gerhardus Johannisz Samplonius, born in
1658 in Haskerhorne; he was minister in the Hervormde church in Tjerkgaast (see
SAMPLONIUS GENEALOGY); he died on September 27, 1738, in Tjerkgaast, aged
80; she died in Tjerkgaast.
From this marriage:
1. Johannes Gerhardus Samplonius, baptixed on December 9, 1688, in Tjerkgaast; died by 1700.
2. Seerp Gerhardus Samplonius, baptized on December 7, 1691, in Tjerkgaast; died by 1703.
3. Bouwe Gerhardus Samplonius, baptized on March 27, 1693, in Tjerkgaast.
4. Janke Gerhardus Samplonius, baptized on November 25, 1695, in Tjerkgaast; married in Tjerkgaast on September 25, 1694, with Wybe Annes, son of Anne Eelkes and Ymk Gerrits.
5. Fokeltje Gerhardus Samplonius, baptized on April 9, 1698, in Tjerkgaast; married with Thys Jentjes Pekema.
6. Johannes Gerhardus Samplonius, baptized on October 6, 1700, in Tjerkgaast; married on March 10, 1725, in Franeker with Trijntje Bouwes, daughter of Bouwe Peters from Munnekebuorren (Scherpenzeel ?); farmer; died in 1779 in Skoatterutterdiken, aged 79.
7. Seerp (Serapius, Sjerp) Gerhardus Samplonius; candidate for the ministry in 1729; died by 1729.
Return to Home Page