ANTJE JENTJES GENEALOGY
I.1 Fedde Jentjes, farmer in St. Johannesga; he was a tenant farmer for properties 5 and 6 Rottum, Schoterland, in the Stemkohier for 1698; in the Stemkohier for 1728, he was a tenant farmer for property 1 in Rottum, properties 23 and 24 in Rotsterhaule, properties 1, 2, and 6 in St. Johannesga, and property owner and vote-holder for properties 21 and 23 in Rotsterhaule as well as owner of properties 22 and 27 in St. Johannesga; died before 1749; 1749 taxes listed as 43-17-0 and as father of 3 children; owner of 8 lots in St. Johannesga and Rotsterhaule.
1. Jentje Feddes (see II.1)
I.2 Hendrik Meynes, farmer in Rottum in 1749, paying taxes of 17-13-0, with 2 children under 12.
1. Antje Hendriks (see II.1).
2. Meine Hendriks Hendriksma, born in Rottum in 1738; married in St.
Johannesga with Aaltje Tees from Haskerhorne on January 1, 1763; died in
Tjerkgaast on March 2, 1822, aged 84, widower.
3. Sim Hendriks Hendriksma, born in Rottum in 1742; married in St. Johannesga
with Gosen Jacobs Post on April 19, 1772; died in Schoterland on February 10,
1823, aged 81, widowed; parents of Jacob, Hendrik, Klaaske, Jacob.
II.1 Jentje Feddes; married with Antje Hendriks on July 23, 1758, in the Hervormde church in St. Johannesga; rich cattle farmer in St. Johannesga and Rottum with more than 20 cows and owner of 5 lots; village judge (‘dorpsrechter’).
1. Antje Jentjes, born on September 17 and baptized on September 23, 1759, in St.
Johannesga (see III.1).
2. Klaaske Jentjes, born on June 10 and baptized on June 20, 1762, in St.
Johannesga; married in Oudeschoot on May 5, 1793, with Wytse Eelkes
Jongsma of St. Johannesga; farmer in Osterzee; she died in Lemsterland on
August 25, 1826, aged 64, married; he died in Lemsterland on March 8, 1841,
aged 77, widower; parents of Jentje, Fopjen, Fopjen, Antje, Eelke.
3. Jeltje Jentjes, born on April 20 and baptized on May 5, 1765, in St. Johannesga;
married in St. Johannesga on October 22, 1786, with Marten Lourens from St.
Johannesga; parents of Jentje, Laurents.
4. Fedde Jentjes Feddema, born on January 26 and baptized on January 31, 1768 in
St. Johannesga; married with Ypkjen Pytters Langius in Oudeschoot on January
23, 1791; rich cattle farmer and veenboss; he died in Schoterland on November
27, 1829, aged 61, widowed; she died in Schoterland on July 27, 1817, aged 53,
married; parents of Grietje, Jentje, Jentje, Pieter, Hendrik.
5. Afke Jentjes Feddema, born on January 2 and baptized on February 9, 1770, in
St. Johannesga; married in Oudeschoot on May 13, 1798, with Wybe Andries
from Oudeschoot; she was from Rottum and he was from Oudeschoot; he was
a teacher in Oudeschoot; she died in Schoterland on May 1, 1832, aged 62,
married; parents of Andries, Jentje, Fedde, Hendrik
6. Simpkjen (Sim) Jentjes Feddema, born on October 12 and baptized on October
25, 1772, in St. Johannesga; married in St. Johannesga on December 10, 1797,
with Pieter Jans from St. Johannesga; labourer; she died in Lemsterland on
May 22, 1833, aged 62, widow; parents of Jantjen, Antjen, Jentjen, Jan, Jan,
7. Ijnske Jentjes Feddema, born on June 22 and baptized on June 30, 1776, in St.
III.1 Antje Jentjes, born on September 17 and baptized on September 23, 1759, in St. Johannesga; married in the Hervormde church in St. Johannesga with Jan Gerrits de Glee on May 12, 1782 (see DE GLEE GENEALOGY); occupation as veenboss and farmer in Rottum, owning 16 cows in 1800 and 5 lots; member of municipal council for Schoterland; member of the Mennonite church in Heerenveen, although children were baptized Hervormd; he died in Rottum on August 14, 1826, aged 72, widower.
From this marriage:
- Geertje Jans de Glee, born on March 6 and baptized on April 6, 1783, in St. Johannesga.
- Jentje Jans de Glee, born on July 19 in Rottum and baptized on August 15, 1784, in Oudeschoot; died in Schoterland on December 6, 1862, aged 78, married; married with Aukje Jelkes Sietsema from Nijeschoot in Oudeschoot on May 13, 1804; lived in Oudeschoot, Oosterzee, Broek; farmer in Echten; he died in Schoterland on December 5, 1862, aged 78, married; she died in Schoterland on December 5, 1862, aged 86, widow; parents of Lutske, Antje, Wietske, Jan, Jelke, Gerrit, Margjen.
- Yntske Jans de Glee, born on November 23 in Rottum and baptized on December 20, 1789, in Oudeschoot; died young.
- Yntske (Jenske) Jans de Glee, born on December 24, 1792, in Rottum and baptized on February 17, 1793, in Nieuweschoot; first married with Jan Roelofs Oostwoud in St. Johannesga on July 29, 1812; from the first marriage: Roel, Jan, Jentje; farmer in Rottum; he died in Schoterland on February 25, 1827, aged 35, married; second marriage with Jochem Jans van der Werf in Schoterland on May 11, 1828; from this second marriage: Jan, Gerrit, Antje; third marriage with Fedde Hornstra in Schoterland on June 30, 1833; from this third marriage: Haye; she died in Schoterland on Augsut 6, 1874, aged 81 (83 ?), married; he died in Schoterland on March 21, 1875, aged 77, widower.
- Antje Jans de Glee, born on September 14 in Rottum and baptized on October 14, 1798, in Oudeschoot; first married with Luitjen Hessels van der Weg in St. Johannesga on September 6, 1816; storekeeper in Rottum; he died in Schoterland on Septemberr 27, 1824, aged 34, married; from this first marriage: Grietje, Jan, Jan; second marriage with Johannes Sipkes Adema in Schoterland on September 16, 1827; prior to and from this second marriage: Antje, Sjoukjen; she died in Schoterland on September 6, 1828, aged 29; married; he re-married in Schoterland on May 20, 1838, with Willemke Gerrits Vriend; he died in Schoterland on May 25, 1882, aged 78, married; from this last marriage: Sjoukje, Sipke, Gerritje, Margje.
Return to Home Page