DIJKSTRA II GENEALOGY
I.1 Lieuwe Douwes, died before 1632; married by 1610 with Jaen Andries; she died before 1650 in Boornzwaag; she later re-married with Aalle Claesz, farmer in Langwaar.
From the first marriage:
1. Douwe Lieuwes, baptized on February 9, 1612, in Langwaar; died before 1650; married with Lisck Jochumsdr in Langweer on February 7, 1636; 3 children in 1650.
2. Ancke Lieuwes, baptized on November 12, 1615, in Langweer; died before 1650.
3. Pytter (Pieter) Lieuwesz, baptized on August 23, 1618, in Langweer (see II.1)
4. Lyoedt Lieuwes, baptized on June 23, 1620, in Langweer.
5. Simck Lieuwesdt, born in 1621 in Langweer.
II.1 Pytter (Pieter) Lieuwes, baptized on August 23, 1618, in Langwaar; farmer in Langwaar; died by 1681; married in Langwaar on January 7, 1644, with Syrttye Uylckisddr (Sjoertke Wlckes), born in Langwaar in 1620 (see BOTTE MARTENS GENEALOGY); she died by 1681.
1. Trijntje Pieters, born in December, 1644, in Langwaar.
2. Saake Pieters, born in 1745 in Langwaar; died by 1658.
3. Tietske Pieters, born November 23, 1646, in Langwaar; married in 1662 with Hendrik Jans.
4. Lieuwe Pieters, born on November 25, 1647, in Langwaar.
5. Uylcke Pieters, born on February 16, 1649, in Langwaar.
6. Jaen Pieters, baptized on October 6, 1650, in Langwaar.
7. Uijlcke Pieters, born in August, 1653, in Langwaar; married with Bets Reintses.
8. Douwe Pieters (Pytters), baptized on October 1, 1654, in Langwaar (see III.1).
9. Saecke Pieters, baptized on October 31, 1658, in Langwaar; married on Febbruary 2, 1690, with ? Jans; second marriage on January 8, 1708, in Langwaar with Hiltie Jentes; farmer in Langwaar.
10. Antie Pieters, baptized on October 31, 1658, in Langwaar; died in 1718, aged 60.
11. Entie Pieters, born in 1659 in Langwaar.
12. Aale Pieters, baptized on October 9, 1661, in Langwaar; married on February 23, 1710, in Langwaar with Geesken Jacobs; farmer in Langwaar and Hommerts.
III.1 Douwe Pieters (Pytters), baptized on October 1, 1654, in Langwaar; he was a tenant farmer for property 3 in Langweer, Doniawerstal, in the Stemkohier for 1698;
farmer in Langwaar and Indijken; died in 1707 or 1708 (1712 ?); married in 1689 with Antie Bottes (see BOTTE MARTENS GENEALOGY), born in 1668 in Oppenhuizen; she died on January 31, 1716, in Boornzwaag, aged 47.
From this marriage:
1. Pyter Douwes, baptized on October 5, 1690, in Langwaar; died by 1696,
2. Ansk Douwes, born in 1693; married on December 15, 1722, in Terband with Theunis Wouters; died after 1716.
3. Pieter Douwes, baptized on July 26, 1696, in Langwaar (see IV.1).
4. Botte Douwes, baptized on December 18, 1698, in Langwaar; married in 1725 with Marij Jans; farmer in Goainga; died on December 16, 1778, in Sloten, aged 78.
5. Lieuwe Douwes, baptized on April 7, 1700, in Langwaar; married with Gertie Wybes; died in 1747, aged 47.
6. Syoertie Douwes, baptized on January 28, 1703, in Langwaar; died after 1716.
7. Marten Douwes, baptized on June 25, 1706, in Langwaar; married with Pierke Sybrens Hettinga; farmer in Sangaast, Jutrijp and Teroele; died in 1780.
8. Uylck Douwes, baptized on December 25, 1707, in Langwaar; died before 1716.
III.2 Jolle Mircks, farmer in St. Nicolasga and Tjerkgaast; son of Murk Jeltes; married with Brecht Meins, daughter of Meins and Tydde Harmens; died before 1648.
1. Aafke Jolles (Hoekstra ?), born in 1692 (see IV.1)
2. Morck Jolles; married with Jin Oenes.
II1.3 Rintje Thysses; living in Langwaar; father of:
1. Thijs Rinties, baptized on September 16, 1688, in Langwaar (see IV.2)
2. Wipke Rintjes, baptized on December 13, 1691, in Langwaar.
3. Anne Rintjes, baptized on December 14, 1695, in Langwaar.
4. Gerbrig Rintjes, baptized on March 1, 1705, in Langwaar.
5. Trijntje Rinties, baptized on October 8, 1719, in Langwaar.
IV.1 Pieter Douwes, born on June 1, 1696 and baptized on July 26, 1696, in Langwaar; farmer in Boornzwaag, Hommerts, Jutrijp, Warns and Indijken; died in 1743, aged 47; married in 1723 with Aafke Jolles (Hoekstra ?), born in 1692; in 1749, her taxes were set at 39-0-0; she died in Indijken in 1769 or 1770, aged 67 or 68. The family name of Dijkstra was chosen by Aafke Jolles and her children in relation to having lived in Indijken (Diken in Frisian).
From this marriage:
1. Douwe Pieters Dijkstra, born in 1726 in Indijken (see V.1)
2. Sybolt Pieters Dijkstra, baptized on November 17, 1729, in Jutrijp (see V.2)
3. Jolle (Jollius) Pieters Dijkstra, baptized on July 25, 1734, in Warns; married in 1785 in Wolfaartsdijk with Johanna Jacoba Six from Middelburg; Hervormde minister in Zeeland, Kats, Wolfaartsdijk and Kruiningen; died on August 15, 1794, in Kruiningen, aged 60.
4. Brechtie Pieters, baptized on August 12, 1736, in Warns; married on January 13, 1765, in Wijckel with Eile Piers van der Gaast, son of Pier Eiles and Grietje Idses from Wijckel; died after 1798.
5. Uylckien Pieters, born in 1736; married on September 8, 1765, in Langwaar with Auke Pieters from Boornzwaag; died before 1776.
6. Auke Pieters, born in 1737.
7. Sjoerd Pieters, born in 1738; died on May 19, 1757, in Wuns, aged 19.
8. Entie Pieters, born in 1743, from Ychtenerkooi; married in Langweer on February 12, 1775, with Hepke Friskes Hepkema, son of Friske Hepkes and Geesje Aukes from Follega; she died before 1781; he remarried with Fim Jacobs Haagsma.
9. Geeske Pieters; first marriage with Douwe Freerks Bokma, son of Freerk Bockes and Riemcke Wytzes from Smallebrugge, Wymbritseradeel; second marriage with Folkert Piers.
10. Albert Pieters.
IV.2 Thijs Rinties, baptized on September 16, 1688, in Langwaar; married with Akke Rinnerts; his taxes in 1749 were set at 38-16-0.
From this marriage:
1. Rixtje Tysses, born on April 18, 1715, in Langwaar; died by 1717.
2. Rixtje Tysses, born on August 15, 1717, in Langwaar; married with Johannes Wobbes, shoemaker in Joure.
3. Anne Thijsses, born on September 25, 1722, in Langwaar; farmer in Agmarijp.
4. Barber Thijsses, born September 25, 1722, in Langwaar (see V.1)
V.1 Douwe Pieters (Dijkstra), born in 1726 in Indijken; first married in Langweer in November, 1748 with Barber Thijsses, born September 25, 1722, in Langweer; both are identified as from Akmarijp; farm labourer in Langweer for Inne Ites; lived in Indijken, Langwaar and Follega; she died in Indijken on January 15, 1765, aged 42, soon after the birth of twin sons.
From this marriage:
1. Akke Douwes Dijkstra, baptized in Langwaar on August 10, 1749; married in Sloten on May 11, 1777, with Foeke Jacobs van der Werf, son of Jacob Fokkes and Aagjen Ages of Sloten; died in Woudsend on May 20, 1794, aged 44.
2. Afke Douwes, baptized in Langwaar on August 10, 1749; died before 1752.
3. Pieter Douwes Dijkstra, baptized in Langwaar on December 12, 1751; first marriage in Langwaar on May 10, 1778, with Klaaske Pijters from Broek; second marriage in Lemsterland on October 27, 1782, with Jeltje Jans Knol, from Follega; died in Follega, Lemsterland, on March 28, 1828, aged 75; father of Douwe, Pietertje, Rindert, Berber, Klaaske, Jan.
4. Aafke Douwes Dijkstra, born in 1752 in Langwaar; first marriage with Meine Wybes in Joure on May 12, 1771; second marriage in Woudsend on February 10, 1793, with Anne Gabes Koopmans from Woudsend; died in Woudsend on June 19, 1829, aged 77; parents of Gabe.
5. Tijs (Thys) Douwes Dijkstra, baptized in Langweer on January 23, 1757 (see VI.1)
6. Wypke Douwes Dijkstra, baptized on January 6, 1760, in Langwaar; first marriage on July 2, 1786, in Woudsend, with Hotske Jentjes Huisman (de Boer) from Heeg; second marriage with Luitzen Mieljes Rondhout on May 27, 1792, in Woudsend; he was a cooper in Woudsend; died in Woudsend on January 25, 1789, aged 29; parents of Gelske, Fokeltje, Melius, Jentje, Tjeerd.
7. Rindert Douwes, born in Indijken on January 4, 1765; died before 1775.
8. Jelte Douwes Dijkstra, born in Indijken on January 4, 1765; married in Lemmer on May 28, 1797, with Sjoerdtje Hendriks Koopmans born in Mildam; both identified as from Follega; died in Follega on November 19, 1828, aged 63; parents of Berber, Geertje, Hendrik, Aafke, Wypkjen.
Second marriage, on January 1, 1775, in Langweer, with Hinke Linses, born in 1744 and daughter of Linse Hessels and Aaltje Cornelis, living in Langweer; ; he died in Oosterzee on January 11, 1814, aged 88; she died in Sloten on May 3, 1825.
V.2 Sybolt Pieters Dijkstra, baptized on November 27, 1729, in Jutrijp, Wymbritseradiel; died in Indijken on July 30, 1815, aged 85; married with Foekjen Bouwes Samplonius, born in 1720 (see SAMPLONIUS GENEALOGY); she had previously been married with Douwe Sippes; she died before November 9, 1766..
From this marriage:
1. Aafke Sybolts, born on September 10, 1753, in Tjerkgaast; died before November 18, 1754.
2. Aafke Sybolts, born on November 18,1754, in Tjerkgaast; died before 1783.
3. Bouwe Sijbolts Dijkstra, born on February 2, 1757, in Tjerkgaast; farmer in Indijken and Follega; first marriage on April 9, 1780, in Langwaar with Sytske Jans, daughter of Jan Douwes and Fokeltje Bouwes Samplonius; second marriage on October 3, 1784, in Lemmer with Aaltje Jans Knol from Follega; third marriage on July 12, 1789, in Langwaar with Geertje Meintes Zijlstra, daughter of Meinte Douwes and Zwaantje Reinderts ; died on July 14, 1829, in Follega, aged 72; father of Siebold, Atte, Foeke, Sietze, Aaltje, Mettje, Albert, Reinder, Jolle, Douwe, Zwaantje, Pieter, Foekjen.
4. Piter Sybolts, born on June 15, 1760, in Tjerkgaast; died before 1765.
5. Gatske Sybolts, born on June 15, 1760, in Tjerkgaast; died by 1762.
6. Gatske Sybolts, baptized on December 12, 1762, in Langwaar (see VI.1)
7. Pieter Siebolds Dijkstra, born in Indijken; baptized on January 20, 1765, in Langwaar; married on June 1, 1789, in Langwaar with Grietje Feyes, daughter of Feije Jans and Hendrikje Jans; farmer in Ijlst, Indijken and Langwaar; died on August 11, 1826, in Langwaar, aged 61; parents of Siebold, Feye, Foeke, Afke, Hendrikjen.
Second marriage in 1768 with Antje Jentjes from Indijken; he died in Indijken on July 30, 1815, aged 85; she died in Doniawerstal on July 5, 1809.
From this marriage:
8. Foekje Sybolts, baptized in Langweer on June 25, 1769.
9. Jentje Sybolts Dijkstra, baptized in Indijken on November 14, 1783; married in
Langweer on May 12, 1812, with Wytske Pieters Postma; parents of Antje,
Pieter, Sybolt, Foeke; he died in Doniawerstal on August 8, 1826, aged 42; she
died in Doniawerstal on June 9, 1865, aged 80.
VI.1 Tijs (Thys) Douwes Dijkstra, baptized in Langweer on January 23, 1757; lived in Broek, Jistergea, Wijkcel and Sondel; farm labourer; died in Sondel on August 14, 1829, aged 72; married with his cousin, Gatske (Gotske) Sijbolts (Dijkstra), on April 20, 1783, in Langweer, both identified as being from Indijken; she was baptized on December 12, 1762, in Langweer; died in Sondel on November 3, 1806.
. From this marriage:
1. Berber Tijsses Dijkstra, born on March 10,1784, in Broek; married with Anne Tjeerds Fleer (Fleersma) (see BOLTJE/VLEER GENEALOGY) from Rotserhaule in Langweer on May 17, 1816; skipper. .
2. Sybolt Tijsses Dijkstra; born in October 23, 1785, in Eesterga; farm worker in 1829 and later 'wagenaar'; married with Johanna Pieters Muller in Gaasterland on September 26, 1834; second marriage with Piertjen Jans Jonker in Gaasterland on August 15, 1841; died in Gaasterland on May 5, 1848, aged 63.
3. Foekjen (Foekje) Tijsses Dijkstra; born on June 20, 1787 in Eesterga; married with Arjen Douwes Huistra in Lemmer on May 2, 1811; he died on April 26, 1827; she died in Eastersee on February 23, 1828, aged 40; parents of Siebolt (later adopted by Intie; see VI.1.5)..
4. Afke (Aafke) Tijsses Dijkstra, born in Eesterga on December 27, 1788 (see VII.1)
5. Intie (Yntje, Jantje) Tijsses Dijkstra, born in Wijckel on December 9, 1791 (see VII.1)
6. Douwe Tijsses Dijkstra, born in Eesterga on March 5, 1793 (?); died after 1821.
He re-married with Aukje Jans Bremer, born in Wijckel November 7, 1768, on May 21, 1809, in Sondel.
VII.1 Libbe Hylkes Tjalma, born on October 8, 1768, in Eesterga; died in Lemsterland (Eesterga) on February 13, 1827, aged 58; farmer (SEE TJALMA GENEALOGY). First married in Schepenzeel on May 19, 1793, with Grietje Gerrits Samplonius, from Schepenzeel, with whom he had 5 children.
After the death of his first wife, he remarried in Osterzee-Echten on April 24, 1808, with Afke (Aafke) Tijsses (Tysses) Dijkstra, born on December 27, 1788, in Eesterga; she died in Lemsterland on April 14, 1822, aged 33.
From this marriage:
1. Grietje Libbes Tjalma, born on April 26, 1809, in Oosterzee.
2. Gatske (Gotske) Libbes Tjalma, born on April 24, 1811, in Oosterzee; died in Lemsterland on June 2, 1829, aged 18.
3. Tijs Libbes Tjalma, born on February 8, 1814, in Oosterzee; married in Doniawerstal with Dieuwer Sibles Boersma on May 9, 1845; died on November 7, 1872, in Mirns, aged 58.
4. Douwe Libbes Tjalma, born on March 17, 1816, in Oosterzee.
5. Nieske Libbes Tjalma, born on February 28, 1818, in Oosterzee; married with Jelle Jacobs Visser in Lemsterland on May 21, 1837.
6. Jentje Libbes Tjalma, born on March 9, 1820, in Ooosterezee; died in Sloten on July 27, 1904, aged 84.
7. Afke Libbes Tjalma, born on April 14, 1822, in Oosterzee; married with Johannes Meines van de Kerk in Doniawerstal on May 9, 1845; died in Doniawerstal on August 24, 1883, aged 61.
After the death of his second wife, he remarried in Lemsterland on November 5, 1823, with Intie (Yntje, Jentje) Tijsses Dijkstra, born in Wijckel on December 9, 1791, sister of his second wife Afke and daughter of Tijs Douwes Dijkstra and Gotske Sybolts;
Prior to this marriage:
8. Foekje Libbes Tjalma, born on September 2, 1823, in Oosterzee.
Intie Tijsses Dijkstra was a farmer in Sondel in 1829 she re-married with Hessel Ymkes Donker in Balk on August 1, 1832; she died in Sondel on August 7, 1867, aged 75; parents of Imke and Jantjen.
Return to Home Page