I.1 Ruurd Watzes, born in Joure in about 1605 (?); died after 1677; married with Corneliske Wybes; he was a deacon of the Mennonite church and was a brewer by profession; significant property owner.
From this marriage:
1. Sioucke Ruurds, born in Joure (see II.1)
II.1 Sioucke Ruurds, born in Joure; married in Haskerland with Martenke Reins (Mertentje Reijns) on November 12, 1657; died in Joure in 1697; he was a warden of the Mennonite church and was a brewer by profession; managed properties owned by Mennonite church; she died in 1706.
From this marriage:
1. Watze Sjoukes, born in Joure (see III.1)
III.1 Watze Sjoukes, born in Joure; married with Richt Hijlkes on February 28, 1688; she was born in Woudsend; he was responsible for distributing charity for the Mennonite church and was a brewer by profession; both parents died in Joure before December 3, 1706; after both parents’deaths, Jan Meijnes became ward for their children on this date.
From this marriage:
1. Ruurd Watzes, married with Trijntje Haijes on March 31, 1720; children from this marriage: Watse, Tjitske; brewer and merchant; owner of a number of houses as well as Watzema State (estate) in Oldeboorn; owner of property 12 in Oldeboorn in the Stemkohier of 1728.
2. Hijlke Watzes, born in Joure in 1692 (see IV.1)
III.2 Gialt Hendriks; married in Drachten on March 21, 1697, with Jancke Jans; he was a rich ‘veenbaas’; he and his brother Saeke were part owners of property 8 in Noorderdrachten, Smallingerland in the Stemkohier for 1698.
1. Hebeltje Gjalts (Gialts), born in Noord Drachten in about 1693 (see IV.1).
IV.1 Hijlke Watzes, born in Joure in 1692; died in Joure in 1771 or 1772; married with Hebeltje Gjalts (Gialts) in Joure on July 31, 1718; she died in Joure in 1767 or 1768, aged about 75; his profession was as a merchant and a farmer, paying the highest taxes in the municipality; 3/4 owner with brother Ruurd Watses of property 3 in Haskerdijken in the Stemkohier of 1728; he was also a preacher in the Mennonite church.
From this marriage:
1. Watze Hijlkes, born in Joure in 1720 (see V.1)
2. Gjalt Hijlkes, born in Joure, likely before 1729; married Sjoukjen Jans in Gersloot on August 4, 1748; married Janke Ulkes in Joure on April 9, 1752; married with Baukje Arjens in Joure on September 7, 1766; labourer.
3. Sjouke Hijlkes, born in Joure on June 18, 1729; married with Gatske Pykes from Heerenveen on April 9, 1752; children from this marriage: Richtje, Hylke, Pyke, Hebeltje; died in Joure on August 3, 1801.
4. Rigtie Hijlkes; married with Dirk P. Leeninga from Makkum in Makkum on March 27, 1746.
5. Janke Hijlkes, married in Joure with Jeep Ulbes, son of Ulbe Jeeps.
V.1 Watze Hijlkes, born in Joure in 1720; married and baptized in Heerenveen on May 30, 1745 (on the same date there was a third proclamation of the marriage in the Hervormde Church in Joure), with Jeltje Hettes Baar, baptized in Joure on April 14, 1726 (see BAAR GENEALOGY); he was a groatsmaker in Heerenveen during the tax census of 1749 during which he was listed as having a household with 4 people over 12 and 1 child and paying taxes of 50-14-0; farmer in Scharren near Ouwsternijega; he died in Joure (Ouwsternijega ?) in 1779; she died in 1794 in Ouwsternijega.
From this marriage:
- Richtje Watzes, born on September 4, 1749; married with Ruurd Watzes Watzema of Haskerdijken after March 2, 1772; she died in Oldeboorn in 1786, aged 37; he died in Oldeboorn on September 13, 1813; parents of Watze, Hijlke, Trijntje, Jeltje.
- Jan Watzes Dijkstra, born in Scharren in 1753; first marriage on January 26, 1777, with Ingeltje Abes from Luchtenveld near Joure; second marriage on June 8, 1783, in Haskerdijken with Hendrikje Simens of Haskerdijken; third marriage in Haskerdijken on June 8, 1788, with Tytte Jelles of Het Meer; farmer in Scharren; he died in Doniawerstal on August 25, 1825, aged 72; children: Aenke, Tietje, Jeltje, Watze, Lamkjen, Jelle, Rixtje, Hylke, Hette, Sipkje.
- Tjebbe Watzes Dijkstra, born in Scharren in 1762 (see VI.1)
- Janke Watzes Dijkstra, born in Scharren in 1764; married in Ouwsterhaule or Akkrum on January 12, 1783, with, Sjouke Eesgers Boonstra of Akkrum, born in Nes; lived in Joure in 1811; farmer in Poppingawier; she died in Doniawerstal on June 25, 1821, aged 57, widowed; he died in Rauwerdehem on September 23, 1823, aged 64; parents of Watze, Eesger, Hette, Tetje, Hotze.
- Hylke Watzes.
- Hette Watzes.
- Hebeltje Watzes.
- Jitske Watzes Dijkstra, born in Scharren in 1770; married with Sytse Geeuwkes van de Veen; farmer and veenboss in St. Johannesga; she died in Schoterland on June 1, 1844, aged 74, widow.
VI.1 Tjebbe Watzes Dijkstra, born in Scharren, Doniawerstal, (near Ouwsternijega) in August, 1762; first marriage on March 3, 1787, in Joure with Baukje Sjoerds (de Vries), born in Broek, and died in Broek on December 26, 1801 (see DE VRIES GENEALOGY); he was a tenant farmer in Broek on a farm jointly owned by his wife Baukje and her siblings Siebe and Durk; he became owner of this farm in 1818.
From this first marriage:
- Tetje (Fettje) Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on February 15, 1790; married with Jan Ages Bouma in Joure on June 22, 1814; she died in Doniawerstal on December 26, 1851, aged 61; he died in Doniawerstal on December 11, 1852.
- Watzes Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek in 1793; avoided the draft under Napoleon by paying Jan Barts Boelens, carpenter's apprentice in Sneek, to take his place in 1813; died in Langweer on May 18, 1814.
- Jeltje Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek in 1796; married with Jacob Hepkes Hepkema in Doniawerstal on June 26, 1817; she died in Doniawerstal on July 2, 1863; he died in Doniawerstal on June 1, 1782; buried in Diken; parents of Hepke, Tjebbe, Watze, Fim, Baukjen; grandson Jacob (son of Tjebbe): the latter was the owner of the Hepkema newspaper in Heerenveen.
- Unknown fourth child; died young.
He was re-married on April 11, 1802, in Joure, with Jitske Fokkes (see JITSKE FOKKES GENEALOGY); this marriage was before the Mennonite church in Joure followed by a marriage in the Hervormde Church in Ouwsterhaule; Jitske Fokkes was born on April 6, 1769, and died on January 15, 1850, in Doniawerstal, likely Broek, aged 80. She appears to never have used the family name of Idema.
From this second marriage:
5. Hinke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on August 22, 1803; married with Jan Jacobs Hooisma in Doniawerstal on June 10, 1836; she died in Doniawerstal on August 6, 1871, aged 68; he died in Doniawerstal on January 4, 1894, aged 85, widower; parents of Jitske, Jaocb, Tjebbe, Hinke, Hette.
6. Hette Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on July 26, 1805; married with Mayke Annes Walma in Doniawerstal on December 1, 1837; died on June 8, 1851, aged 46; parents of Jitske, Antje, Tjebbe, Anne, Watze, Fetje, Sjirk.
7. Fokke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 16, 1809 (see VII.1)
8. Hylke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on July 26, 1812; married with Antje Siemens Knol in Doniawerstal on November 16, 1837; died in Gaasterland on June 10, 1881, aged 67, married; baker in Balk; parents of Grietje, Hinke, Jan, Hette, Atte, Siemen.
VII.1 Fokke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 16, 1809; died in Broek on May 8, 1860, aged 51, from lung disease; he was a farmer; preacher in the Mennonite church; married in Broek on May 15, 1840, with Jantje Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzweach on May 10, 1815; died in Haskerland on December 29, 1886, aged 71 (see DE VRIES II GENEALOGY);
From this marriage:
1. Tjebbe Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 28, 1841; died on August 24, 1841, aged 3 months.
2. Jitske Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek in March 24, 1843; married with Errit Johannes Vleer in Haskerland on May 6, 1866; died in Joure on January 29, 1922, aged 78; parents of Fokke, Klaas, Jantje, Auke, Antje; grand daughter was Jikke Fleer v.d. Ley.
3. Klaas Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on November 18, 1845; married Foekje Huistra in Haskerland on May 14, 1871; farmed in the Franker area; died in Doniawerstal on December 1, 1875, aged 30; laid the foundation stone during re-building of the family farm house in Broek in 1860; parents of Jantje.
4. Tjebbe Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 5, 1849 (see VIII.1)
5. Joost Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on June 29, 1851; married Jeltje Pieters de Vries (see DE VRIES GENEALOGY) in Doniawerstal on November 30, 1877; farmer in Sneek; died in Sneek on November 24, 1924, aged 73, married; parents of Jantje.
6. Hette Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 18, 1854; married Korneliske de Jong; preacher in the Mennonite church; died in Heerenveen on November 28, 1938, aged 84, widower; parents of Jantje, Klaas, Jotsche.
7. Hylke Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 18, 1854; died in Broek on September 14, 54, aged 7 months.
8. Hylke Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 29, 1857; married with Maaike Jansma in Haskerland on May 25, 1884; died in Heerenveen while living in Haskerland on November 3, 1938, aged 81, widower; carpenter, farmer, and worked in land-making in the Sneek area; parents of Jantje, Janke, Fokke; grandfather of Sijtske Dijkstra-Parker.
VIII.1 Tjebbe Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 5, 1849: see photo; married in Broek on December 5, 1872, with Akke Pieters de Vries: see photo (see DE VRIES GENEALOGY); he was a farmer in Broek until he lost his farm, following which he was a tenant farmer in Elahuizen (Wymbritseradeeel), Hemelumer Oldeferd, Baarderadeel and Oldeboorn; he eventually owned a farm in Oudehaske; he died in Haskerhorne on September 28, 1915, aged 66; she died in Haskerhorne on December 21, 1932; buried at Westermeer, Joure: see photo.
From this marriage:
- Fokke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on November 13, 1873; married in Utingeradeel on May 10, 1900, with Ymkje Hofstra , daughter of Hotse Harmens Hofstra and Wytske Atses Dijkstra; lived in Lippenhuizen/Gorredijk area; she died in Opsterland on November 6, 1929, aged 54, married; he remarried with T. Bijsma; he died in Lippenhuizen on August 17, 1948, aged 75.
- Pieter Durk Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 18, 1876; married in Utingeradeel on May 2, 1901, with Antje Bottema; Mennonite; she died in Oldeboorn on November 6, 1964; he died on January 27, 1972, in Oldeboorn, aged 96; parents of Akke.
- Durk Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on March 5, 1878; died in Broek on May 13, 1878.
- Durk Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on July 31, 1879 (see IX.1)
- Klaas Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on November 11, 1880; married in Utingeradeel on May 10, 1906, with Frederica (Rieke) Cornelia.de Mars (Oldeboorn), daughter of Wybe Jans de Mars and Maria Louisa Piersma; she died in Utingeradeel on July 24, 1931, aged 51, married; he remarried with Hendrikje Schaaf; he died in Leeuwarden on October 28, 1968; she died in Joure on March 19, 1984, aged 92; buried in Oldeboorn; parents of Tjebbe, Akke.
- Jantje Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on March 9, 1882, died in Leeuwarden on November 28, 1904, aged 22; buried in Oldeboorn.
- Marie Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Wymbritseradeel on September 15, 1883; married with Jan Meijer in Utingeradeel on May 11, 1905; he died in Drachten on June 25, 1932, aged 50; she died in Drachten on January 3, 1953, aged 69.
- Joost Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Hemelumer Oldeferd on August 7, 1885; married with Geertje Jacobs Berger in Haskerland on May 6, 1909; she died on January 11, 1932; he remarried in 1937 with Klaaske Westerhof; he died in Woudsend on January 15, 1966, aged 80; parents of Sibbeltje (married with Brouwer/Kraak), Tjebbe, Akke., Jacobje.
- Hette Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Baarderadeel on June 12, 1993; married with Bontje Lautenbach in Haskerland on May 18, 1917; he died in the Hague (den Haag) on June 6, 1955, aged 62; parents of Wiebe, Tjebbe (Sjef).
For continuation: see http://kbylsma.bravehost.com/DIJKSTRAP2.html
Return to Home Page