DE VRIES II GENEALOGY
1.1 Tiete Hanses, married with Reinske Jelles; in 1749, described as well-off farmer in Oldeouwer, paying taxes of 37.0.0, with 4 adults and 2 children.
1. Hans Tietes, married with Ylkjen Meinses; living in St. Nicolaasga; parents of Tiete, Afke, Reinskien, Jelle, Meinse.
2. Jan Tjettes, born on November 24 and baptized on November 29, 1737, in Oldeouwer (see II.1).
3. Claas Tjettes, born on May 16 and baptized on May 22, 1740, in Oldeouwer.
I.2 Meyne Bootes, born in Ouwsterhaule on September 16, 1719; his parents were Bote Eises, born in Nijega and Geertje ?, married in Oldeouwer on April 1, 1708; Bote Eises was owner or user of several properties in Ouwsterhaule and Ouwsternijega in the Stemcohier of 1728; Meyne Bootes married with Gooitsche Foppes (born in Haskerhorne on July 17, 1720) in Haskerhorne on December 17, 1740; owner of propertier 5 and 6 in Ouwsterhaule; in 1749, paid taxes of 48.0.0, with 4 adults and 4 children; in 1796, his widow had 14 cows and paid 29.1.15 in taxes.
1. Geertje Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on January 13 and baptized on January 14, 1742 (see II.1).
2. Bote Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on November 21, 1743; married in Ouwsterhaule on March 6, 1770, with Geertje Wijtses Oenema; parents of Jikke, Ritske, Meine, Gooitske, Wietse, Tiedde, Pieter de Wit.
3. Foppe Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on April 19, 1746.
4. Eijse Meines Eysema, born in Ouwsterhaule on May 29, 1748; married in Ouwsterhaule on April 10, 1774, with Uilkjen Wybbes; parents of Goitske, Wiebe, Boote, Goitske, Wytske; she died in Legemeer on October 17, 1783; he remarried in St. Nicolaasga on March 22, 1789, with Ynskjen Oepkes Eizema; parents of Boote, Ynskje, Geertje, Meine, Oepkjen; he died in Doniawerstal on December 5, 1819, aged 71; she died in Legemeer on July 24, 1827.
5. Reynskjen Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on November 23, 1750; married with Anne Sieses; parents of Sies, Seeske, Meine, Lubbigjen, Eise, Lubbigjen, Gooitske, Lubbigjen, Pieter, Bote, Geertje; she died in 1825.
6. Rinke Meines Rinkema, born in Ouwsterhaule on April 15, 1753; married in Oosterzee on November 30, 1777, with Geertje Friskes Hepkema; parents of Geesjen, Gooitske, Gooitske, Auke, Geertje, Meine, Friske, Grietje; she died on May 1, 1812, aged 59; he died in Doniawerstal on July 16, 1825, aged 72.
7. Minke Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on April 25, 1755.
8. Pyter Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on April 25, 1755.
9. Fedde Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on October 27, 1757.
I.3 Kerst (Carst) Gerbens, from Snikzwaag; married in Joure with Antje Joostes from Snikzwaag, on November 26, 1730; she was baptized as an adult in the Mennonite church in Joure on 21 January, 1732; she died on January 24, 1794, aged 88; in 1749, assigned taxes of 40.0.0, with 4 adults and 4 children; he was a farmer in Snikzwaag in 1755, with 10 cows, paying 15.18 in taxes.
From this marriage:
1. Gerben Kerstes, baptized as adult in the Mennonite church in Joure on January 31, 1761; first marriage with Baukjen Foekes; parents of Baukjen; married in Langweer on November 14, 1784, with Lamkjen Gerrits from Tjerkgaast; parents of Rintje Gerbens Zwaagstra; member of the Mennonite church in Joure in 1798, while living in Langweer.
2. Joost Kerstes, from Snikzwaag (see II.2)
I.4 Atze Douwes, married with Trijntje Jacobs in Akmarijp; Atze Douwes was born on March 28 and baptized on March 29, 1711, in Akmarijp, a son of Douwe Mircks and Lupck (Lipk) Atzes; his parents were married in Akmarijp on April 3, 1707; Lupck (Lipk) Atzes remarried in Akmarijp on February 21, 1717, with Tiete Eentjes from Jutrijp; in 1749, he paid taxes of 37.11.00, with 3 adults and 3 children.
From this marriage:
1. Douwe Atzes Bosma, baptized on August 4, 1738 in Akmarijp; married in Oosthem with Zijmentje Jacobs, from Akmarijp; living in Workum in 1811; children: Trijntje, Atse, Jacob.
2. Lupck (Lipkjen) Atzes, born on May 2 and baptized on June 2, 1743 in Akmarijp; married in Akmarijp with Wijnolt (Wynnolt ) Thomas from Terkaple on June 25, 1760; parents of Tryntje, Thomas, Styntje, Hotske, Geeske, Geeske, Douwe, Akke.
3. Dieuwke (Dieuke) Atzes, born on November 4 and baptized on November 21, 1745, in Akmarijp (see II.2).
4. Jacob Atzes, baptized in Akmparijp on July 6, 1749; married in Akmarijp with Antje Jacops of Akmarijp on October 30, 1796.
5. Akke Atzes, baptized on September 3, 1752 in Akmarijp; married in Akmarijp on May 9, 1779, with Pijter Jans Riepkema from Terkaple; parents of Jan, Atze, Tryntje.
6. Ynze Atzes, born on January 5 and baptized on January 8, 1758; married in Akmarijp on May 9, 1779, with Jeltie Jans from Akmarijp.
I1.1 Jan Tjettes, born on November 24 and baptized on November 29, 1737, in Oldeouwer; married with Geertje Meines, born in Ouwsterhaule on January 13 and baptized on January 14, 1742, in Ouwsterhaule in May, 1762.
From this marriage:
1. Reinskje Jans de Vries, born in Oldeouwer on December 12 and baptized on December 19, 1762; married in Langwaar on April 9, 1786, with Pieter Lieuwes Meyer, from Langwaar; parents of Antje, Jan, Lieuwe, Geertje, Antje, Zwaantje, Hylkjen, Hylke; living in Oldeouwer in 1811; he died on August 3, 1826, in Oldeouwer, aged 66, married; she died in Haskerland on May 26, 1847, aged 84.
2. Goitske Jans, born in Oldeouwer on May 2 and baptized on May 4, 1766; married in Ouwsterhaule on December 31, 1786, with Jan Jans from Ouwsterhaule; lived in Rotstergaast; parents of Jan, Franke.
3. Swaantje Jans, born in Oldeouwer on November 18 and baptized on November 25, 1770.
4. Meine Jans de Vries, born in Oldeouwer on October 13 and baptized on October 17, 1773; married in Joure on April 9, 1797, with Jitske Hettes Laagland; parents of Geertje and Hette; died before 1811; she remarried in Joure on June 24, 1813, with Tjitte Sipkes van der Hoek, from Akmarijp; parents of Neeltje; she died on July 20, 1820, in Joure, aged 44, married.
5. Minke Jans de Vries, born in Oldeouwer on March 18 and baptized on March 24, 1776; married on December 2, 1798, in Echten with Nanne Alberts Koopman from Echten; she was identified as being from Snikzwaag; parents of Antje, Jan, Albert, Joannes, Geertje, Geertje, Meine; he died on September 30, 1824, aged 51, married; she died in Lemsterland on November 23, 1848, aged 72, widowed.
6. Tjitte Jans de Vries, born in Oldeouwer on April 14 and baptized on May 9, 1779; married in Joure on June 26, 1803, with Sybrigjen Jelkes from Joure; parents of Jelke, Vrouwkjen; he died in Joure on August 12, 1826, aged 47, married.
7. Klaas Jans de Vries, born in Oldeouwer on November 24, 1781 and baptized on January 13, 1782 (see III.1).
II.2 Joost Kerstes, from Snikzwaag; married with Dieuwke (Dieuke) Atzes, from Akmarijp, in Joure on March 4, 1770; he died on January 21, 1794, and she died on June 11, 1803; in 1796, his widow was a farmer in Snikzwaag with 13 cows, paying 29.2 in taxes.
From this marriage:
1. Trijntje Joostes van der Hoek, born in 1774 in Snikzwaag; married in the Mennonite church in Joure on June 22, 1800, with Fokke Fokkes (Fooke Fookes) de Jong; died in Haskerland on February 27, 1838, aged 64, wodow; parents of Atze.
2. Klaas Joostes van der Hoek; father of Dieuwke, Janke, Wybe.
3. Kerst Joostes van der Hoek, born in 1777 in Snikzwaag; doed in Doniawerstal on February 12, 1824, unmarried.
4. Atje Joostes, born in Snikzwaag on September 21, 1779, and baptized in Joure on January 2, 1780; died young
5. Attie (Aatje) Joostes van den Hoek, , born on March 9, 1782, in Snikzwaag and baptized in Joure on April 14, 1782 (see III.1).
6. Akke Joostes van den Hoek; married with Hans Jans Koiker in Haskerland on May 15, 1814; died in Haskerland on September 30, 1820, aged 34, married; parents of Jan, Dieuwke.
III.1 Klaas Jans de Vries, born in Snikzwaag in 1780; married in Joure on July 27, 1806, with Attie (Aatje) Joostes van den Hoek in the Mennonite Church in Joure; she was born on March 9, 1782, in Snikzwaag and baptized in Joure on April 14, 1782; both were baptized as adults in the Mennonite church in Joure on March 5, 1808; she died in Haskerland on December 23, 1847, aged 65, married; he died in Haskerland on July 31, 1862, aged 80.
From this marriage:
1. Joost Klazes de Vries; born in Snikzwaag in about 1806; married with Hiltje Piers Lusthof in Haskerland on May 21, 1837; 'pakhuisknecht' (labourer) in Joure; died in Haskerland on December 25, 1879, aged 73.
2. Getje (Geertje) Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzwaag in about 1809; married with Douwe Brugts Bergsma in Doniawerstal on June 7, 1833; he had previously been married with Lipkjen Ruurds de Boer; farmer in Goingarijp; she died in Doniawerstal on March 8, 1873, aged 63; parents of Wypkjen, Klaas, Brugt, Atze, Atze, Rinske, Lipkjen, Attje, Joost.
3. Dieuwke Klazes de Vries, born in Joure, Haskerland on July 19, 1812; married with Watze Watzes Bosma in Haskerland on May 13, 1838; milker; she died in Haskerland on December 19, 1886, aged 74; parents of Watze, Klaas, Atze, Harmen, Janke.
4. Jantje Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzwaag on May 10, 1815 (see IV.1)
5. Meintje Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzwaag on March 19, 1818; married Albert Arends Bloemberg on June 4, 1843, in Haskerland; labourer; died July 30, 1887, in Haskerland, aged 79; parents of Geertje, Attje, Arend.
6. Akke Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzwaag in 1819; married in Haskerland on May 26, 1850, with Jan Hazes Kooiker from Rotsterhaule (see I.1.6); died in Haskerland on September 24, 1893, aged 72 (?), widow; parents of Klaas, Akke, Carias, Akke, Klaas.
7. Jan Klazes de Vries, born in Snikzwaag on July 14, 1825; married Tjitske Ruurds Rypkema in Utingeradeel on May 21, 1854; died on May 10, 1891, in Haskerland, aged 65; parents of Rinske, Atje, Ruurdtje, Klaas, Jacoba.
IV.1 Fokke Tjebbes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 16, 1809; died in Broek on May 8, 1860, aged 51, from lung disease; he was a farmer; preacher in the Mennonite church (see DIJKSTRA GENEALOGY); married in Broek on May 15, 1840, with Jantje Klazes de Vries born in Snikzwaag on May 10, 1815; after his death she re-married with Fokke Minnes Minnesma (see FRANKEMA GENEALOGY) on May 9, 1867, born in Haskerland on June 29, 1811, son of Minne Jacobs Minnisma and Romkjen Merks; he was previously married with Rigtje Jans Frankema on April 30, 1840 in Doniawerstal; children: Minne, Akke, Jan, Romkjne, Anna, Antje; he was a veenbaas and a member of the polder administration committee; she died in Haskerland on December 29, 1886, aged 71; he died in Haskerland on March 30, 1897, aged 85.
From the first marriage:
1. Tjebbe Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 28, 1841; died on August 24, 1841, aged 3 months.
2. Jitske Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek in March 24, 1843; married with Errit Johannes Vleer in Haskerland on May 6, 1866; died in Joure on January 29, 1922, aged 78; parents of Fokke, Klaas, Jantje, Auke, Antje; grand daughter was Jikke Fleer v.d. Ley.
3. Klaas Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on November 18, 1845; married Foekje Huistra in Haskerland on May 14, 1871; farmed in the Franeker area; died in Doniawerstal on December 1, 1875, aged 30; laid the foundation stone during re-building of the family farm house in Broek in 1860; parents of Jantje.
4. Tjebbe Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 5, 1849
5. Joost Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on June 29, 1851; married Jeltje Pieters de Vries in Doniawerstal on November 30, 1877; farmer in Sneek; died in Sneek on November 24, 1924, aged 73, married; parents of Jantje.
6. Hette Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 18, 1854; married Korneliske de Jong; church preacher in the Mennonite church; died in Heerenveen on November 28, 1938, aged 84, widower; parents of Jantje, Klaas, Jotsche.
7. Hylke Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on January 18, 1854; died in Broek on September 14, 54, aged 7 months.
8. Hylke Fokkes Dijkstra, born in Broek on April 29, 1857; married with Maaike Jansma in Haskerland on May 25, 1884; died in Heerenveen while living in Haskerland on November 3, 1938, aged 81, widower; carpenter, farmer, and worked in land-making in the Sneek area; parents of Jantje, Janke, Fokke; grandfather of Sijtske Dijkstra-Parker.
Return to Home Page