DE GLEE GENEALOGY
I.1 Gerrit Hendriks de Glee, born in Giethoorn, Overijssel, in 1720; married with Grietje Jans; migrated from Giethoorn to Friesland in 1763; occupation as veen worker and veenboss in Rotsterhaule, St. Johannesga and Rottum; Mennonite in religion; died in St. Johannesga in 1769,
From this marriage:
1. Hendrik Gerrits de Glee, born in Giethoorn in 1741; living in St. Johannesga; first marriage with Pietertje Aarts Bruin in Oudehaske on May 2, 1783; second marriage in St. Johannesga with Grietje Lukas on March 5, 1797, with both living in Rohel; lived in Oudehaske and St. Johannesga; occupation as veenboss and farmer; Mennonite; died in Schoterland on July 9, 1813, aged 72, married; from the first marriage: Gerrit, Lammegje, Geertje.
2. Jan Gerrits de Glee, born in 1754, likely in Giethoorn (see II.1)
3. Arendje Gerrits de Glee, born in Giethoorn in 1764; married in Oudehaske on April 27, 1783, with Jan Pieters Klijnstra from Oudehaske; lived in Harich in 1811; she died in Sloten on September 15, 1841, aged 77, widow; he died in Gaasterland on February 8, 1829, aged 72, married; parents of Gerrit, Zwaantje, Grietje, Pieter, Margjen, Janke, Sitske, Foppe, Rinske.
4. Margjen Gerrits de Glee, married in St. Johannesga on May 12, 1782, with Barteld Harmens of Oudehaske.
II.1 Jan Gerrits de Glee, born in 1754, likely in Giethoorn; married in the Hervormde church in St. Johannesga on May 12, 1782 with Antje Jentjes, born on September 17 and baptized on September 23, 1759, in St. Johannesga; (see ANTJE JENTJES GENEALOGY); occupation as veenboss and farmer in Rottum, owning 16 cows in 1800 and 5 lots; member of municipal council for Schoterland; member of the Mennonite church in Heerenveen; he died in Rottum on August 14, 1826, aged 72, widower.
From this marriage:
1. Geertje Jans de Glee, born on March 6 and baptized on April 6, 1783, in St. Johannesga (see III.1)
2. Jentje Jans de Glee, born on July 19 in Rottum and baptized on August 15, 1784, in Oudeschoot; married with Aukje Jelkes Sietsema from Nijeschoot in Oudeschoot on May 13, 1804; lived in Oudeschoot, Oosterzee, Broek; he died in Schoterland on December 5, 1862, aged 78, married; she died in Schoterland on December 5, 1862, aged 86, widow; parents of Lutske, Antje, Wietske, Jan, Jelke, Gerrit, Margjen.
3. Yntske Jans de Glee, born on November 23 in Rottum and baptized on December 20, 1789, in Oudeschoot; died young.
4. Yntske (Jenske) Jans de Glee, born in Rottum on December 24, 1792; first married with Jan Roelofs Oostwoud in St. Johannesga on July 29, 1812; from the first marriage: Roel, Jan, Jentje; he died in Schoterland on February 25, 1827, aged 35, married; second marriage with Jochem Jans van der Werf in Schoterland on May 11, 1828; from this second marriage: Jan, Gerrit, Antje; third marriage with Fedde Hornstra in Schoterland on June 30, 1833; from this third marriage: Haye; she died in Oudeschoot on August 6, 1874, aged 81 (83 ?), married; he died in Schoterland on March 21, 1875, aged 77, widower.
5. Antje Jans de Glee, born on September 14 in Rottum and baptized on October 14, 1798, in Oudeschoot; first married with Luitjen Hessels van der Weg in St. Johannesga on September 6, 1816; he died in Schoterland on September 27, 18243, aged 34, married; from this first marriage: Grietje, Jan, Jan; second marriage with Johannes Sipkes Adema, farmer, in Schoterland on September 16, 1827; prior to and from this second marriage: Antje, Sjoukjen; she died in Rottum, Schoterland, on September 6, 1828, aged 29; married; he re-married in Schoterland on May 20, 1838, with Willemke Gerrits Vriend; he died in Schoterland on May 25, 1882, aged 78, married; from this last marriage: Sjoukje, Sipke, Gerritje, Margje.
III.1 Geertje Jans de Glee, born on March 6 and baptized on April 6, 1783, in St. Johannesga; married in St. Johannesga on December 15, 1805, with Berend Harmens Berger, baptized in Stenwijk, Ov., on November 18, 1770, son of Harmen Beerends Platte (Berger) and Klaasje Harmens Zwier, occupation as veenworker and veenboss; he died in Rottum on November 10, 1825, aged 53 (see
BERGER GENEALOGY); she died in Rottum on September 7, 1831, aged 48
From this marriage:
1. Jan Berends Berger, born on December 22, 1807, and baptized on January 10, 1808, in St. Johannesga; died in Schoterland on May 5, 1855, aged 46; married with Antje Wopkes van der Zwaag in Schoterland on September 12, 1841; children: Gaukjen, Gaukje, Berend, Wopke, Berend; occupation as labourer.
2. Harmen Berends Berger, born on December 24, 1809, and baptized on January 21, 1810, in St. Johannesga.
3. Antje Berends Berger, born in St. Johannesga on February 16, 1812; first marriage with Harm Willems Postma in Schoterland on July 21, 1839; second marriage with Hessel Dubbelds Zijlstra in Schoteruitdijken on December 3, 1864; both husbands were farmers; she died on July 14, 1869, in Schoteruitdijken; from the first marriage: Berend, Willem, Harmke, Geertje, Geertje.
4. Gerrit Berends Berger, born in St. Johannesga on January 27, 1814 .
5. Klaas Berends Berger, born in 1817 in St. Johannesga; died in Lippenhuizen on November 21, 1898, aged 80, widower; married with Antje Rinzes Dragstra in Opsterland on March 16, 1861; occupation as farm labourer.
6. Harmke Berends Berger, born in Rottum on November 29, 1819; died in Heerenveen on March 23, 1900, aged 81, unmarried; mother of Geertje Berger.
7. Yntske Berends Berger, born in Rottum on March 15, 1822; died in Rottum on January 5, 1830, aged 8.
8. Jentje Berends Berger, born in Rottum on December 31, 1824; married with Hylkjen Wiebes Plantinga in Opsterland on April 30, 1863; occupation as labourer; he died in Langezwaag on January 3, 1917, aged 93, married; she died in Opsterland on December 6, 1917, aged 85, widow; parents of Geertje, Douwe.
Return to Home Page