I.1 Cornelis Jansen, from Zuidveen, Overijssel; married in Giethoorn in 1641 with
Roelofjen Jacobsen (source: Hoofdgeld and Vuurstedenregister, Giethoorn, 1675).
From this marriage:
1. Jacob Cornelis Kloot (see II.1).
II.1 Jacob Cornelis Kloot, married in 1669 in Giethoorn with Reijne Alberts; died after 1723.
From this marriage:
1. Aaltje Jacobs Kloot, born in about 1678; first marriage in Giethoorn, on Janauary 22, 1702, with Abel Jansen; second marriage in Giethoorn with Jan Wychers Kruis (see I.2.2).
2. Cornelis Jacobs Kloot, born in about 1680; married in Giethoorn on December 26, 1712, with Jantje Jacobs Noordste.
3. Jacob Jacobs Kloot, born in about 1685.
4. Albert Jacobs Kloot, born in Giethoorn in about 1688 (see III.1)
II.2 Wycher Gerrits Kruis; first marriage in Giethoorn in about 1663 with Griete Herms Wychers; second marriage in Giethoorn on August 28, 1685, with Lemmechien Jans Wychers.
From these marriages:
1. Gerrit Wychers Kruis, born in about 1680; married in Giethoorn on Janaury 31, 1701, with Aaltje Jans Claassen.
2. Jan Wychers Kruis, born in about 1680; married in Giethoorn on November 13, 1707, with Aaltje Jacobs Kloot (see II.1.1)
3. Femme Wychers Kruis, born in about 1685; married in Giethoorn on February 19, 1713, with Roelof Everts.
4. Jantje Wiegers (Wychers) Kruis (see III.1)
5. Lummigjen Wychers Kruis; married in Giethoorn on April 3, 1712, with Volken Alberts.
6. Hendrik Wichers Kruis; married in Giethoorn with Geesje Harms.
III.1 Albert Jacobs Kloot, born in Giethoorn in about 1688; married with Jantje Wiegers (Wychers) Kruis in Giethoorn; both died after 1748.
1. Lummigje Alberts Kloot, born in about 1714; married in Giethoorn on August 14, 1740, with Lambert Geerts van Ootmarsum.
2. Geesje Alberts Kloot, born in about 1716; married in Giethoorn on April 22, 1736, with Harmen Gerrits Dam.
3. Wycher Alberts Kloot, born in about 1719 in Giethoorn; baptixed in Giethoorn on April 12, 1743; married on October 11, 1744, in Giethoorn with Aaltje Bartels Botter from Giethoorn; parents of Jantje, Bartelt, Albert, Jan, Petertje, Albert, Albert, Hendrikje, Lummigje.
4. Reintje Alberts Kloot, born in about 1719; married in Giethoorn on January 15, 1741, with Klaas Harmens Smit.
5. Jacob Alberts Luiken (Luik, Kloo, Kloot), born in Giethoorn in about 1724 (see IV.1)
6. Femmigje Alberts Kloot, born in about 1730.
III.2 Tijmen Roelofs; father of:
1. Grietje Tijmens Mink, born in Giethoorn (see IV.1)
2. Annigjen Tijmens Flodde, born in Giethoorn; married on November 30, 1749, with Jan Evert Michiels from Giethoorn.
IV.1 Jacob Alberts Luiken (Luik, Kloo, Kloot), born in Giethoorn in about 1724; baptized in Giethoorn on April 12, 1743 (Mennonite); married with Grietje Tijmens Mink in Giethoorn on April 7, 1748; profession as veenworker; immigrated to work in veen in Friesland in about 1765; worked in Schoterland and Oudehaske; returned to Giethoorn in 1769; died in Giethoorn in 1790.
1. Tijmen Jacobs Luiken (Kloo, Cloo), born in Giethoorn on December 1, 1748 (see V.1)
2. Jantje Jacobs Kloosterman (Kloot), baptized in Giethoorn on September 26, 1751; married with Harmen Roelofs Moet in Giethoorn on November 11, 1770; parents of Roelof, Geesje, Klaas, Grietje, Tijmen, Lysebeth, Elisabeth, Jacob, Jan, Beene, Jantjen.
3. Lummigje Jacobs Luiken, born on August 8, 1753, baptized on August 12, 1753, in Giethoorn.
4. Reintje Jacobs Luiken, born on November 25, 1755, and baptized on November 30, 1755, in Giethoorn.
5. Albert Jacobs Luik, born on May 22, 1758, and baptized on May 28, 1758, in Giethoorn ; married in Oudehaske with Jantje Roelofs Meester of Nijehaske on December 22, 1782; lived in Oudehaske and Langezwaag; he died in Langezwaag on April 9, 1826; she died in Nijehaske on on February 18, 1817; parents of Geeugje, Roelof, Grietje, Rinske, Jakob, Hendrik, Geeske, Tijmen.
6. Klaas Jacobs Loek (Kloot), born on January 26, 1760, and baptized on February 10, 1760, in Giethoorn; involved in veen work in St. Johannesga as of 1785; first marriage in Oudehaske on January 30, 1793, with Aafjen Jacobs of Oudehaske; second marriage, likely in Oldemarkt, Overijssel, with Roelofje Jans Jurriens in about 1809; parents of Albert, Jacob, Klaas..
7. Hendrikje Jacobs Kloo, born in Dwarsgracht, Ov., on October 12, 1761 and baptized in Giethoorn on October 18, 1761; married with Luite Beenen Krikke in Oudehaske on April 4, 1782 (see KRIKKE GENEALOGY); she died in Aengwirden on August 4, 1830, aged 68.
8. Still-born child born on September 19, 1763, in Giethoorn.
9. Aaltje (Aaltien) Jacobs Luiken (Kloo), born in Giethoorn on September 30, 1764; married with Jan Berends Berger in St. Johannesga on March 10, 1793 (see BERGER GENEALOGY); he had previously been married with Lummigje Jans Kroes; she died in Schoterland on February 12, 1841, aged 76; he immigrated as veenworker to St. Johannesga in the 1780’s; parents of Margjen, Annegje, Jan, Jan, Grietje, Lummegje, Aaltje, Jan, Beerentje, Jacobus.
10. Lummigje (Lummetje) Jacobs Kloot (Loek), born in Dwarsgracht; first marriage with Frerik Berends Kelderhuis from Dwarsgracht in Giethoorn on February 17, 1793; second marriage with Hendrik Jans Wind in Giethoorn on April 2, 1797; peatmaker; parents of Jan, Grietje, Grietje, Jan, Willempje, Jacob, Jacob, Gerrti, Klaas, Marrigje.
11. Hendrik Jacobs Luk (Luik), born on August 23, 1772, and baptized on August 30, 1772, in Giethoorn, living in Luxwoude, Opsterland in 1811; married in Oudehaske on May 22, 1803, with Margjen Harmens Berger, born April 21, 1780, in Oudehaske (see BERGER GENEALOGY); she died on December 22, 1855, in Oudehaske, aged 75, widow; parents in Langezwaag of Jacob, Tijmen, Harmen, Geugjen, Klaas, Klaasjen.
V.1 Tijmen Jacobs Luiken (Kloo, Cloo), born in Giethoorn on December 1, 1748; married in 1788 in Oudehaske with Klaasje Harmens Zwier, previously married with Harmen Beerends Platte (Berger) (for both, see BERGER GENEALOGY); occupation as veenboss and farmer; owner of 23 cows in 1800; church elder and member of municipal council; owner of several lots in Oudehaske; living in Nijehaske in 1811; she died in Rohel on February 16, 1819, aged 74, married; he died in Oudehaske on June 15, 1831, aged 83, widower.
1. Jacob Tijmens Cloo, born on March 10 and baptized on March 22, 1789, in Oudehaske (see VI.1)
VI.1 Jacob Tijmens Cloo, born on March 10 and baptized on March 22, 1789, in Oudehaske; died on April 27, 1872, aged 83; married in Haskerland on April 15, 1813, with Hylkje Gerrits Kelderhuis, daughter of Gerrit Johannes Kelderhuis and Margje Gerrits Slange, born in Oudehaske on December 30, 1792, and died in Haskerland on September 24, 1859, aged 67 (see KELDERHUIS GENEALOGY); occupation as veenboss and farmer.
From this marriage:
1. Tymen (Tiemen) Jacobs Cloo, born Oudehaske on July 12, 1813; married with Jantje Aukes Schotanus in Haskerland on May 14, 1837; he died in Haskerland on April 19, 1892, aged 78, widower; she died in Haskerland on May 19, 1901, aged 85, widow; parents of Jacob, Auke, Hylkjen, Jeltje, Jeltje, Lamkjen, Gerrit.
2. Gerrit Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on April 25, 1815; married with Antje Douwes Akkerman in Haskerland on May 24, 1857; she had previously been married with Jan Jentjes de Glee in Smallingerland on October 20, 1838; he died in Haskerland on May 2, 1893, aged 78, married; she died in Haskerland on June 29, 1895, aged 74, widow; parents of Akke, Jacob, Hielkje.
3. Harmen Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on August 9, 1816; married with Janke Fokkes Veldstra in Haskerland on December 18, 1842; he died in Schoterland on June 6, 1876, aged 59; married; she died in Schoterland on October 8, 1889, aged 68, widow; parents of Jacob, Grietje, Hielkje, Fokke Annes, Gerrit, Lijsbert, Margjen, Jaltje.
4. Margjen (Marchjen) Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on December 28, 1818; married with Thae (Thee) Thees Ykema in Haskerland on May 21, 1843; she died in Haskerland on May 4, 1883, aged 64; married; he died in Haskerland on May 2, 1902, aged 85, widower; parents of Thee, Hylkjen, Jacob.
5. Klaasje Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on November 19,1820; married with Douwe Gerbens Waayer in Haskerland on May 28, 1846: sister of Wytske Gerbens Waaijer (see BERGER GENEALOGY); living in Rotsterahaule; she died in Haskerland on May 2, 1875, aged 54; widowed; he died in Haskerland on September 15, 1870, aged 48, married; parents of Geertje, Hielkjne, Gerben, Jacob, Pieter.
6. Geertje Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on November 13, 1822 (see VII.1)
7. Lammert Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on May 22, 1825; married with Hiltje Alberts Sytzema in Doniawerstal on April 13, 1855; he died in Ijlst on February 27, 1899, aged 73, widower; she did in Ijlst on July 7, 1887, aged 53, married; parents of Jacob, Albert, Hylkje, Trijntje, Albertje, Geeske, Albert.
8. Johannes Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on March 24, 1828; died in Haskerland on April 9, 1875, aged 47; unmarried.
9. Hendrik Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on April 24, 1830; died in Haskerland on June 2, 1863, aged 33, unmarried.
VII.1 Geertje Jacobs Cloo, born in Oudehaske on November 13, 1822; married with Gerrit Berends Berger (see BERGER GENEALOGY), who was his half first cousin (same grandmother: Klaasje Harmens Zwier); she died in Haskerland on September 22, 1864, aged 41.
1. Geertje Gerrits Berger, born in Oudega, Hemelumer Oldefert, on August 31, 1842; married with Marcus Harmens de Groot in Utingeradeel on November 18, 1866; occupation as labourer; she died in Terband on October 5, 1919, aged 67; parents of Geertje, Marijke, Gerrit, Harmen, Antje, Tietje.
2. Hylkje Gerrits Berger, born in Oudega, Hemelumer Oldefert on December 26, 1844; married in Utingeradeel on February 20, 1874, with Pieter Willems de Vries;. occcupation as labourer; she died in Akkrum on May 3, 1924, aged 79, widow; parents of Willem, Trijntje, Geertje, Gerrit, Jacobus.
3. Wytske Gerrits Berger, born in Oudehaske on January 20, 1847; married with Andries Obbes de Jong in Haskerland on May 16, 1875; she died in Oudehaske on July 8, 1907, aged 60, married; parents of Fokje, Geertje, Wytske, Obbe, Gerrit, Duike; son Obbe was the butcher in Oudehaske who is commemorated in the book about Oudehaske: “Doen de baarch nog in de beam hong”; grandmother of Siebold de Jong, born in 1910 who lived in Brockville, Ontario.
4. Jacob Gerrits Berger, born in Langezwaag on June 5, 1849; married with
5. Berend Gerrits Berger, born in Gersloot, Aengwirden, on July 8, 1851; married with Doike Kooiman in Haskerland on May 14, 1876; children: Gerrit, Tijmen; died in Oudehaske on August 9, 1941, aged 90, widower; occupation as freight driver and merchant; children: Geertje, Hendrikje, Gerrit, Binze, Binze, Hielkje, Sjoeke, Jacob, Romke, Thymen.
6. Tymen Gerrits Berger, born in Langezwaag on February 13, 1854; died on January 8, 1943 in Oudehaske, aged 89; married with Freerkje Willems Raadsveld in Joure on April 19, 1885; occupation as labourer and farmer; children: Geertje, Willem, Gerrit, Berend.
7. Antje Gerrits Berger; born in Langezwaag on May 22, 1857; died in Oudehaske on May 1, 1863, aged 5.
8. Klaasje Gerrits Berger, born in Terband on December 30, 1859; married with Hermanus Telgenhof in Haskerland on May 9, 1880; occupation as carpenter; lived in Haskerland and Aengwirden; she died in Terband on March 18, 1895, aged 35, married; parents of Antje, Geertje,Klaas, Wietske, Hendrikje, Gerrit; he re-married in Aengwirden on April 16, 1898, with Fokjen Bosscher; parents of Gerrit, Roelof.
Return to Home Page