I.1 Allert (Allart) Allerts, made profession of faith and received adult baptism in Anjum on November 1, 1715; married with Beitske Jans of Anjum in Anjum after April 25, 1716; likely moved to Aalsum outside of Dokkum in 1720; paid taxes in 1749 of 22-8-0 and identified as a butcher living in Dokkum, with 3 adults in the household; became a citizen of Dokkum on July 25, 1750.
1. Allert Allerts, baptized on November 1, 1715, in Anjum; died young.
2. Jan Allerts, baptized on June 20, 1717, in Anjum
3. Tiete Allerts, baptized on February 19, 1719, in Anjum; married in Dokkum on August 19, 1742, with Grijytje Sjoerds of Dokkum; became a citizen of Dokkum on March 3, 1750; parents of Allert, Sjoerd, Bauke; glassmaker and butcher.
4. Allert Allerts, baptized on November 6, 1720, in Aalsum
5. Oene (Oenke) Allerts (Alderts), baptized on June 14, 1722, in Aalsum; possible marriage in Stavoren on September 19, 1745, with Antie Roelofs of Stavoren; parents of Maria (?).
6. Eemkje Allerts, baptized in April, 1724, in Aalsum
7. Allert Allerts, baptized on April 22, 1725, in Aalsum
8. Emckjen Allerts, baptized on June 8, 1727, in Aalsum
9. Cornelis Allerts (Alderts), baptized on May 8, 1729, in Aalsum (see II.1)
10. Ijsbrandt Allerts, baptized on May 3, 1731, in Aalsum
I.2 Meindert (Meinert) Hendriks, married with Antje Jans; he made profession of faith in Buitenpost on January 31, 1717; she was baptized in Buitenpost on February 5, 1717, upon profession of faith; he died in Buitenpost on June 13, 1744; she died in Buitenpost on May 23, 1766.
1. Jeltie Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on October 21, 1714.
2. Jan Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on October 11. 1716, aged 9 days, died young.
3. Riemke Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on April 2, 1719, died young.
4. Riemke Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on April 2, 1724, aged 3.5 years, died young.
5. Antje (Antie) Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on April 2, 1724, aged 4 weeks (see II.1).
6. Riemke Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on June 24, 1731, aged 4 years.
7. Jan Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on June 24, 1731, aged 3 years.
8. Piebe Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on June 24, 1731, aged 8 days.
9. Bauck Meinderts, baptized in Buitenpost on June 24, 1731, aged 8 days; she married
Johannes Jans from Valom in Buitenpost on June 18, 1758.
II.1 Cornelis Allerts (Alderts), baptized on May 8, 1729, in Aalsum; citizen of Dokku,m in 1750; married with Antje (Antie) Meinderts, from Buitenpost, on April 8, 1753, in Dokkum. At marriage, his profession was identified as butcher; moved to Lemmer; he later moved to the Workum where his profession was still listed as butcher. Antje (Antie) Meinderts made profession of faith in the Hervormde Church in Workum in 1762. He died in Makkum on October 10, 1784, aged 55; she in Makkum on May 12, 1793, aged 69.
From this marriage:
1. Meindert Cornelis Bijlsma, baptized in Lemmer on March 3, 1754 (See III.1)
2. Allert (Aldert) Cornelis, baptized in Lemmer on December 21, 1755; married in
Workum on December 2, 1787, with Aafke Joukes Roeper from Workum;
parents of Jouke, Korneelis, Kornelis, Cornelis, Antje, Antje, Jouke, Antje; in
1811, his widow chose Slager (butcher) as family surname; surviving son
Cornelis Alderts Slager married twice with numerous children, living in
Haskerland, Sneek and Utingeradeel.
3. Beitske Cornelis, baptized in Workum on December 17, 1757 (father's surname given as Alberti); married in Workum with Hans Teunis; parents of Betje, Antje, Corneelis.
4. Antje Cornelis, baptized in Workum on July 4, 1759; married in Workum on May 23, 1784, with Jacob Rinkes, mason; parents of Tjertje, Antje, Rinke, Cornelis, Korneliske, Tjerdtje, Antje, Sijbolt; he died in Workum on March 11, 1804.
5. Bauke Cornelis Bijlsma, likely born in Workum in 1761; first marriage in Makkum on April 9, 1797, with Jetske Piers of Makkum; parents of Jeltie; second marriage in Leeuwarden on May 17, 1818, with Grietje Sijtses of Leeuwarden; occupation as sailor, captain and merchant (‘koopman’); he died in Leeuwarden on October 29, 1833, aged 72, married.
6. Itske Cornelis, baptized in Workum on September 21, 1763.
III.1 Meindert Cornelis Bijlsma, baptized in Lemmer on March 3, 1754; married on May 14, 1780, in Makkum with Maaike Botes, identified as from Franeker. She was born in Tzummarum in 1757; at her son Cornelis’ wedding, the parents of Maaike Botes were idenfied as Bote Gerrits and Janke Jans, from the village of Sint Anna Parochie, Het Bildt; however, the likely parents were Boote Rients and Bauckjen Jochems, both from Franeker, who were married after the banns on January 9, 1740. She was baptized and made profession of faith in Makkum on February 11, 1791; she died in Makkum on August 21, 1800. His profession was given as barber or beard-shaver, and as wigmaker.
From this marriage:
1. Baukjen (Baukje) Meinderts Bijlsma, born on June 15, 1781, and baptized on
June 24, 1781, in Makkum; married Jan Sybrens Anema in Midlum on May 26,
1805; at marriage identified as Boukjen Meinderts from Franeker; died in
Harlingen on April 28, 1836, aged 55; he was a master carpenter.
2. Antie Meinderts, born on January 18 and baptized on February 2, 1783, in
Makkum; died young.
3. Antie Meinderts, born on May 24 and baptized on June 13, 1784, in Makkum;
4. Cornelia Meinderts, born on May 7 and baptized on May 29, 1785, in Makkum.
5. Antje Meinderts, born on October 8 and baptized on October 22, 1786, in
Makkum; died young.
6. Antje (Anna) Meinderts Bijlsma, born in Makkum on May 20 and baptized on
May 31, 1789; married in Workum on January 7, 1810, with Jentje Jelles de Boer;
died in Hemelumer Oldeferd on August 4, 1870, aged 83 (81?), widow; parents of
Pietrik, Jelle, Meindert, Bote.
7. Bote Meinderts Bijlsma, born in Makkum on November 4 and baptized on
December 18, 1791; married in Franekeradeel on July 25, 1824, with Klaaske
Joostes Hoekstra; died in Baaradeel on May 8, 1837, aged 46, married; parents of
Meindert, Marten, Rein, Joost, Joost, Dieuwke, Maaike, Joost, Bote.
8. Beitske Meinderts, born in Makkum on September 9 and baptized on October 2,
1794; died young.
9. Cornelis (Kornelis) Meinderts Bijlsma, born on May 8 and baptized on June 4,
1797, in Makkum (see IV.1).
10. Jan Meinderts, born on March 13 and baptized on April 24, 1800, in Makkum;
After the death of Maaike Botes, Meindert Cornelis lived common law with Jeltje Pieters Hemstra (Henstra), born in about 1780; in 1811, he chose Bijlsma as family name for himself and his sons Bote and Cornelis born in 1791 and 1797; he died in Makkum on October 18, 1817, giving his age as 57 (in reality 63); she died in Wonseradeel (Makkum) on March 14, 1834, aged 54.
From this union:
11. Hinke Henstra, born in Makkum in 1809; married in Makkum on May 16, 1835, with Symon Jurres Postma; lived in Workum; parents of Jurre, Jeltje, Meindert, Aaltje, Baukjen, Trientje, Pier; she died in Bolsward on December 30, 1868, aged 59.
12. Pieter Meinderts Bijlsma, born on June 5, 1812, in Makkum; died on August 28, 1812, aged 12 weeks.
13. Pieter Meinderts Bijlsma, born on November 22, 1813, in Makkum.
IV.1 Cornelis (Kornelis) Meinderts Bijlsma, born in Makkum on May 5, 1797; died in Rauwerdehem on May 7, 1866, aged 69. First marriage on April 19, 1823, in Baarderadeel with Tytje Gabes Kuindersma, born on July 17, 1795 in Rien and died in Rauwerdehem on March 29, 1858, aged 63 (see KUINDERSMA GENEALOGY). At their marriage, he was identified as being a smith's apprentice, starting a number of generations in smithing and she was a farmer's maid.
From this marriage:
1. Gabe Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on August 29, 1823 (See V.1).
2. Meindert Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on March 22, 1825; married on May 4, 1850, with Ybeltje Tjallings de Jong (on the same day as brother Gabe Kornelis Bijlsma and Tietje Klazes Walinga); blacksmith in Hommerts and later in Roordahuizum by 1854; died on December 27, 1855, aged 30; parents of Gerbrig, Cornelis, Tjalling.
3. Bauke Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on December 2, 1826; married in Wonseradeel on May 6, 1854, with Geertje Ulbes Faber; died on July 27, 1855, aged 28, married.
4. Maaike (Maayke) Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on May 31, 1829; married Meindert Botes Bijlsma in Rauwerdehem on May 18, 1851 (see III.1.7); died in Sneek on April 6, 1859, aged 29, married; parents of Kornelis; Meindert Botes Bijlsma remarried in Sneek on May 20, 1860, with Dirkjen Postma.
5. Janneke Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on October 12, 1831; married in Rauwerdehem on May 9, 1861, with Eyze Arjens Renema; died on March 6, 1862 in Rauwerdehem, aged 30, married; parents of Tietje.
6. Grietje Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on January 2, 1834; married Gerke Klazes Walinga on May 19, 1855 (see WALINGA GENEALOGY); he died in Wymbritseradeel on September 26, 1906, aged 73, widower; she died in Wymbritseradeel on February 4, 1902, aged 68, married; parents of Klaas, Meindert, Cornelis, Tietje, Janke, Janke, Yke, Cornelis, Tietje.
7. Jelle Kornelis Bijlsma, born in Rauwerdehem on April 10, 1836; married Sibbeltje Piers Hofstra in Rauwerdehem on April 30, 1863; died in Baarderadeel on February 11, 1884 at the age of 47; parents of Pier, Harmke, Harmke, Pier, Tietje, Pier, Pier, Harmen, Tietje.
Following the death of Tytje Gabes Kuindersma, Cornelis Meinderts Bijlsma married a second time on February 27, 1862, in Rauwerdehem, with Geeske Harmens Bos, born in Akkrum in 1814, the daughter of Harmen Willems Bos and Jeltje Willems, who died on March 1, 1903 in Utingeradeel.
Continue to http://kbylsma.bravehost.com/BIJLSMA1A.html